Food Coma


Wow - this weekend has been all about the food.

Friday night was spent on Federal Hill: dinner at Zooma and dessert at Pastiche. Zooma was okay. The service was great and my meatballs were yummy but they earned themselves a #3 spot on my "If I Ever Own a Restaurant I Will Never Do This..." list by playing a top 40 radio station. I'm sorry but this isn't a Subway. If I'm going to be spending that much money I better have some commercial-free music playing in the background. Granted I wasn't the one actually paying the bill but still..... As for Pastiche, oh sweet Pastiche, nothing bad can be said. My Mom ordered this peach tart that I actually commandeered as my own and have been dreaming of it since.

Saturday was breakfast at Panera, sushi for lunch and then a huge cookout in our backyard for which I made Rosemary Grilled Shrimp, a Corn, Bean and Cilantro Salad and a Tomato, Red Onion, and Basil Bruschetta. Xoc duked up some rib-eyes on the grill and we were golden.

And then if Saturday night wasn't gluttonous enough, Xoc made his kick-ass omelettes for breakfast on Sunday.

I think I feel the shakes coming on from not eating anything in the past hour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, you look super blond in that picture. The girl looks thrilled to be there...

anna said...

I know, right?! Pure lighting...