Hubba Bubba, My New Friend

Well, I know you've all been waiting with bated breath for the results of my bidding war :


I lost.


Can you believe it actually went for $21.55 + $7 S&H!? My maximum bid never even came that close.


I think Spector Gant will be the most affected by my loss since I'm sure he'll miss my “timely” updates on the topic.


FADE IN:


INT. BEDROOM. –NIGHT

Lights are off. The air is humid. The fan is on. Spector Gant is already in bed, head on pillow and eyes closed. Moxiemilo enters the room. Moxiemilo first fixes her pillows and then climbs into bed. Silence.


MM: So I’ve been outbid again.

SG: Yeah?

MM: Yeah!


FADE OUT.


Or


FADE IN:


INT. LIVING ROOM – NIGHT

Spector Gant is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox game. Moxiemilo enters the room. Moxiemilo first complains about the heat and then sits down on the couch.


MM: So I’ve been outbid again.

SG: Yeah?

MM: Yeah!


FADE OUT.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubba Bubba? I didn't think they still made that...
What I remember most about Hubba Bubba when I was a kid (oh, so long ago...) was they had chocolate bubble gum. Very disappointing.
But keep on trying MM!!! I'm sure someone out there has a truckload of peppermint bubbleyum with your name on it. Maybe try craigslist?
Schtick....

anna said...

Schtickita! How's my favorite sommelier doing in the TX heat?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...do I ask if she knows any other sommeliers??

Nahh..

Re: How am I doing in the TX heat?Sweating...profusely.

But, other than that...living, working...learning.
I'm actually getting a chance to go work for the day at the only winery here in TX, help them crush, stomp, squish 20 tons of grapes...I'm looking forward to it!