Ikea *and* a Museum: woah

Tonight I hit the Nishimura Yuko exhibit at The Fuller Craft Museum. It's been on my list of things to do for a while now and, as always, my visit was precipitated by the fact that the closing date is just in a couple of days. The museum isn't exactly in my backyard and it would've been easy enough to say to hell with it but I'm really glad that I pushed myself to go because her show was amazing. Absolutely rhythmic and hypnotic. The fact that she is able to produce such works from just hand folding one single piece of paper is astonishing.

Interestingly enough, my mom's friend's sister also had an exhibit at the museum which I was able to catch.

Another reason why I hit the museum today was the fact that I would be able to stop in Ikea on a week night. I refuse to go there, or anywhere near there, during the weekend. Here's what I got.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, her work is amazing! Sorry I couldn't make it with you, too much going on this week.

anna said...

I know, that was a bummer - you missed out on a good thing.

The exhibit was pretty kick-ass too.