Gas

While driving home last night I saw that the check engine light came on so I drove over to Pep Boys.   Before taking the car in to the shop the manager asked if I had the gas filled recently and if the cap was on which reminded me that I had stopped for gas right before getting on the highway to drive home on Sunday. The manager walked out to the car with me to see if that was the issue and indeed the cap was totally not screwed on. He said that that’s probably why the engine light was on (something to do with vapors) and that it should turn off after about 20 miles or so. After driving in to work this morning the light is still on so I’m not quite sure how this will play itself out.  
 
I'd like to give a big shout out to NJ and its ban on self-service gas stations and to the skeevy gas attendant guy at the Lukoil gas station!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can promise you that Paul Trumbore will be the first to join your group! I have had to listen to this gripe every freaking time we are in NJ and in need of gas!

anna said...

That's too funny! I can totally hear him griping about that. There's definitely a part of me that enjoys not having to get out of the car but overall it's just not worth it.

Anonymous said...

Fucking NJ